For The Oseberg Trophy / The Green Match – February 16th 17th & 18th, 2018
1. ORGANIZING AUTHORITY
Jorn W. Haga in cooperation with Snipe Fleet 69 and Snipe Class International Racing Association “SCIRA”.
2. HOST CLUB AND FLEET
Real Club Náutico de Motril and Real Club Náutico de Motril Snipe Fleet 69, international 146.
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the Racing Rules of Sailing (“RRS”) 2017-2020, the SCIRA Rules of Conduct for Conducting National and International Championship Regattas, and the Deed of Gift for the Oseberg Trophy.
- No national prescriptions will apply.
- Appendix P will apply.
- RRS 35 will be changed to provide that boats not finishing within 30 minutes after the first boat to finish will be scored “Did Not Finish” without a hearing.
- RRS 62.2 and 66 will be changed to shorten the time for requesting redress and the requesting that a hearing be re-opened on the last day of recing.
- RRS 30.3 will not be used.
- RRS 30.2 and 33 will be changed to limit course changes.
- RRS 60.1(a) will be changed to restrict protest from boats for specific items on the NoR and SI.
- Racing Rule 63.7 will be changed to provide that in the event of a conflict between the NOR and the Sailing Instructions, the Sailing Instructions will prevail.
- Appendix A will be changed to not exclude races in the serie´s score.
- If there is a conflict between languages the English text will take precedence.
- Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority.
5. ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY
- This regatta is open to SCIRA registered boats and Class Member skippers and crews who are in good standing with SCIRA for the current year. To be considered Master, only skipper to be at least 45 years of age in the year of the regatta.
- Eligible competitors shall enter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org up to 1800 of February 5th, 2018, including: -Sail Nr . – Skipper and Crew – Category – Club/Country
All entrants are required to complete the onsite registration/check-in process by 1000, Saturday, February 17th, 2018.
- Registration/Check-in Friday, February, 16th 2018: 0900 to 1800 Saturday, February 17th 2018: 0900 to 1000.
- The entry fee €30 to be paid at registration. Friday, February, 16th 2018: 09:00h to 18:00h. Saturday, February 17th 2018: 09:00h to 10:00h.
- RacingSaturday, February, 17th 2018: Warning Signal First Race at 12:00hSunday, February, 18th 2018: Warning Signal First Race at 11:30hOn the last day of the regatta, no warning signal will be made after 1500.6 races are scheduled of which 2 must be completed so that the championship is valid. The top4 finishers will fight in a match for the green jib.
7. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- Sailing Instructions will be available at on-site registration/check-in on February 17th, 2018.
- The racing venue will be the area known as Motril Bay in the Mediterranean Sea off Motril.
- The courses to be sailed are depending on local weather conditions.
- Two (2) races constitutes a regatta.
- A boat serie´s score will be the total of her races scores. No scores will be excluded.
- Each non spanish participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance
- with a minimum cover of 300.500,00 € or the equivalent.
12. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See Rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
- 2 division of medals will be presented for top three places in the following divisions: – Sénior -XXXS (15 years maximum) The Oseberg Trophy is a perpetual trophy and will be awarded to the winner of the Overall.
- There will be an OSEBERG PARTY scheduled for friday, February 16th at 20:30h and a Prize giving Ceremony scheduled for Sunday affternoon, February 18th 2018, subsequent to the races. 17:00h (approximately).
15. REGATTA CONTACT
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION web: www.theoseberg.com // Download document